Friday, July 17, 2015

My Diagnosis- Blogs March 2006

Photos taken by the talented Scarlett Lillian (c) 2010

Dramatic Life Changes was never a course offered at my high school. In fact, I'm not sure how many times the typical teenager thinks about a life changing event. What can even be considered a life changing event? Could it be for the better? Could it be for the worst? Does this life change improve your lifestyle and well being or does it hinder you?

To me, all life changes come with some challenges-- good and bad. Some come with the additional benefit of being more positive in life. Maybe you've been fortunate enough to see that the impossible is truly possible with continuous faith and perseverance. At one point during my diagnosis I thought that my dramatic life event was the impossible. It ruined me. It controlled me. Then, something amazing happened. It transformed me.
This is my dramatic life change to share with you. This is my story of diagnosis, denial and struggle. I will touch deep into my emotional, physical and mental pain, feelings and complaints.

This is my journey.  (written over 9 years ago) I will go month, by month on the posts I made in 2006- present.

Nine years ago my family and I went on spring break vacation to Gatlinburg, TN. I documented my story in mini blogs. Here are some to share with you:

Mar 12, 2006 @ 9:39pm

Spring Break 2006! Woo Hoo! This is the first time in a long time that my family will go on vacation together. Mom said that we're renting a log cabin for a week in Tennessee! The Mountains of Tennessee to be exact. Our family dog is tagging along too! This should be super exciting- I cannot wait for Friday to come! I wonder how we're going to calm Charlotte (our family dog) down though. Doggy valium?

Mar 16, 2006 @ 3:41pm

I can hardly contain my excitement! We leave early tomorrow morning for the 10 hour drive. Spring Break, here we come- this will be an amazing time with my family.

Mar 17, 2006 @ 4:57am

Hello Blog! We are getting ready to leave Jacksonville. It's almost 5am. Mom says we might delay and leave at 7am because of course Aaron's lazy, grumpy self isn't out of bed yet. (Aaron is my little brother) I'm sad that I will be without internet service for a week, so until then, I hope that everyone has a wonderful, safe and crazy Spring Break! See y'all in 7 days.

Mar 25, 2006 @10:12pm

Spring Break was more like Winter Break. It snowed! Up until then, I had never seen snow with my own two eyes! Sure, I've seen snow on TV and in the movies, but it is so surreal to see in person. Aaron, Julie and I were like little kids playing in it and taking many pictures of everything. It was constantly in the low 50s and mid 60s during the day. At night it was a different story. It got into the mid 20s and teens. Can you believe that? It was freezing in mid March. I had no cell phone reception in the log cabin. Actually, I rarely had cell phone reception in the entire town- only in select areas did I have a strong signal.

The only part that was odd was I got really ill on the 22nd of March. I was completely fine on the 21st, but when I woke up the following day it was like a ton of bricks hit my body. I was running a temp of 103.2 and my body just physically ached. I stayed in bed that day while mom, dad, Aaron and Julie went to the ski lift. Charlotte snuggled up next to me and didn't leave my side the entire day. When I woke up the next morning I was fine- like nothing happened. Odd, right?

Mar 28, 2006 @ 12:07pm

I'm in Spanish class updating because I have already completed my assignments, plus Ms. Gwynn and I get along very well. My toes are numb. I don't have any other description for them other than that. Numb. Lack of feeling, but then that's the same definition just more words. Bright one I am, hehe. ;-) It's a funny feeling. My mom and I think that its a lack of blood circulation to my feet. (My feet have always been very ice cold, like vampire skin) It's just weird not being able to feel your own skin. Lunch bell... See ya guys!

Mar 29, 2006 @ 9:36pm

My toes are still lacking sensations. Ugh. I can't feel them if I bend them up, down, left or right. I wonder what is up with that. Maybe I should WebMD this? Okay.... WebMD is wrong. According to them I am pregnant. Totally wrong! I still don't have my answers.... This is getting pretty annoying....

Mar 30, 2006 @ 6:18pm

Ms. Gwynn has asked me to dog/house sit for her while she visits some of her old college friends down in Orlando. I watch Ashley (her dog) from tomorrow until Sunday, April 2nd. I have an update on my toes- we can now add feet to my lack of sensation. What is wrong with my body? There is nothing on Google that tells me what is wrong with me. Do my symptoms not add up? I mean, they're only numb... What could possibly be that bad with numb toes and feet? In two days the numbness has progressed. What does that?

I don't think Ms. Gwynn has a computer at her apartment so I won't be able to update you on my bodily symptoms.

----------------------------

2006 was very scary for me as a 17 year old... I'm glad I'm here almost 10 years later.